Friday, August 15, 2008

2008-09 Predictions

That’s right folks, it’s my favorite part of the summer…the part where you still have some time left before normal life resumes, yet hockey season is so close you can almost taste it. (In case you were wondering, it tastes like Cracker Jack.) And so, it is time for my 2008-09 predictions. I assure you that I purposely wrote and published this blog before so much as glancing at anyone else’s predictions, including the Hockey News 2009 Yearbook currently sitting next to me. What follows are my predictions for final division standings and playoff seedings, as well as a shot in the dark at the Cup Finals matchup and winner. (I will probably revise these around the All-Star break, since there are things which will happen between now and then that surely will make me change my mind.) Enjoy.

Eastern Conference


Atlantic Division
1. Pittsburgh
2. New Jersey
3. Philadelphia
4. NY Rangers
5. NY Islanders

Northeast Division
1. Montreal
2. Boston
3. Ottawa
4. Buffalo
5. Toronto

Southeast Division
1. Washington
2. Tampa Bay
3. Carolina
4. Florida
5. Atlanta

Playoff Seedings
1. Pittsburgh
2. Washington
3. Montreal
4. New Jersey
5. Tampa Bay
6. Philadelphia
7. Boston
8. NY Rangers

Western Conference

Central Division
1. Detroit
2. Chicago
3. Nashville
4. Columbus
5. St. Louis

Northwest Division
1. Edmonton
2. Calgary
3. Colorado
4. Minnesota
5. Vancouver

Pacific Division
1. Dallas
2. San Jose
3. Anaheim
4. Phoenix
5. Los Angeles

Playoff Seedings
1. Detroit
2. Dallas
3. Edmonton
4. San Jose
5. Chicago
6. Anaheim
7. Calgary
8. Colorado

2009 Stanley Cup Finals
Detroit vs. Montreal

WINNER: Montreal

No comments: